My next update will be my next relaxer which will be soon....I don't know how long I will stretch...I just have been playing it by ear....But I will most likely relax sooner than later
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Thanks Loveprincess for the suggestion to use Elasta Qp Mango Butter in the comments of my last post....The funny thing is I used to swear by Elasta Qp Mango Butter ....You can go back to my first Videos and this was my favorite....The only thing I can think of to why I stopped using it was straight PJism...Hahahahaha..Seriously
Not bad at all....So the stretch continues....
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Well I'm finishing my 13th week post relaxer......I have never stretched this long before...The longest was 12 weeks...So far so good...
- Moisturizes, rejuvenates and restores
- Organics Olive Oil Therapy is specifically formulated to combat dry hair and scalp
- Enriched with vitamins, herbal extracts and organic oils, this natural therapeutic formula penetrates to help repair damaged hair while revitalizing dry itchy scalp
- With consistent use, elasticity, movement & shine are restored
- Excellent for thinning hair, bald scalps and all hair styles including natural, relaxed, pressed, curls, texturized or color-treated hair.
- Contains no petrolatum.
- Made in USA.
The Texture of this was very creamy...Which was perfect..
It has a very light sweet fruity smell...Its one of the scents that either you like it or you don't...I enjoyed the scent
I lightly spritz my edges then applied Organics to all of my edges and brushed into my hair....Then on top of that I used my Aloe Vera Gel and brushed into my edges...Put my hair in a low pony tail...Then I spritz my Pony tail and applied Organics to the length of my pony tail then sealed with Avocado Oil...And it worked great..I won't be using this on my scalp because I'm using the Castor Oil for that
The only con that I noticed was on my Sons hair who is natural of course . If you apply to wet natural hair or use too much it turns white ...I didn't have this problem ...
If I like this is truly still up in the air...
What hair dresses are you using that do not contain Petroleum or Mineral Oil ???
- Always remember that your the longer your hair is ....The older the ends are....So you should treat the length of your hair like fine silk
- Handle hair with care when wet...De tangle with a wide tooth comb ..Starting from the ends up in small sections...
- Add a little oil or moisturizer in hair before de tangling dry hair
- Avoid direct heat whenever possible...Heat causes stress to long hair
- Avoid blow drying especially ...When you do make sure your hair is at least 50% dry first and blow dry on the cool setting
- Curling Irons are so bad for your ends..Only use them for something special...Try to use rollers or pin curls instead
- Using Moisturizing Shampoos and Conditioners ...Longer hair is older and doesn't get the natural oils your scalp produces because its so far from the scalp....So choosing products designed to add moisture to your hair is important
- Don't be afraid of protein..Protein will strengthen and keep long hair strong
- Make sure your Pony tails and buns are not too tight....
- If hair is really long...Moisturize and braid hair before bed...This will prevent tangling ...Do not sleep in tight pony tails or buns...This promotes breakage around ponytail holder..
- Trim when needed or your long hair will look unhealthy and un kept...But only trim when needed...Trims should not be put on a calender...
- Don't fall prey to the lie that your hair needs a trim every four to six week to grow .....Hair is dead and the grow rate has nothing to do with the bottom ends..Always remembers that Stylist only make money if they keep you coming back
Monday, April 27, 2009
I was really reluctant about trying this because Castor oil had to be the only oil that I had tried during my hair journey that I hated....I hated how thick it was....
The Castor Oil is very thick so I mixed about 90% Castor Oil with about 10% Macadamia Oil....Just a little Macadamia Oil to thin it just a little...
I'm still not fond of the thickness of the oil so I only apply it to the scalp ..I love the way it doesn't coat the scalp but rather absorbs into scalp and oh I love how it leaves my roots really soft...
I'm happy that I started using this and I'm glad the Ladies started the challenge on K.I.S.S.
If you want to join us in this challenge or check out the benefits ...Click Here
K.I.S.S. Castor Oil Re-Mix Challenge
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Please keep her in your prayers...
Another family member with diabetes...
Many of you ask why I don't enjoy so many foods that I like ?...Why do I constantly work out and always worried about my weight ?
Well its because I come from a family where Diabetes, Strokes, High blood Pressure , Obesity, and Cancer is the normal...I take care of myself so that I lower the chances of getting all of these things..So my Husband and I choice to live healthy..... To set a example for our kids..So they can live a healthy lifestyle as a adult..Eating right and exercising for me is so much more than looking good ...Its about being healthy...I don't want to spend my life poking fingers and taking medication...And I hate the thought that now my Mother will have to deal with this...I'm trusting GOD that he will deliver her from this..... Just like he delivered her from Cancer...
I will be researching on what her diet should be to make sure I can cook foods that will be good for her..
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
We had to drive up to Arizona to pick him up...We could of had him shipped to Cali...But my Husband and I saw a opportunity for a road trip...So we got to visit with my friends and his Father and Sisters while we were in Arizona.....The weekend turned out really nice...We had a ball..
Noah In Arizona
My Husband Walking Noah At A Rest Station On The Way Home
I took these with my Black Berry so its a little blurry...I will post more pics of the new addition to our family
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Please make sure that you check out my page on KISS, my Fotki, You Tube Videos and Blog ....Most of your questions are most likely answered there especially if you have questions about products I use or my regimen....
Please refrain from emailing me in regards to building pages, adding music etc to your K.I.S.S. Pages...Feel freeto ask anyone here on KISS for most of them are helpful and knowledgeable..Also , you will get a quicker response from them ..Because I am answering emails in order they are recieved...
Please remember that I am only one person ....And I will continue to do all that I can to help as many people as I can reach...But patience will be required
Monday, April 13, 2009
Customer Service is everything to me and has helped me make a decision that I will not ever order from http://www.sams247.com/ ever again !!!!
Where do all of you order your Jamaican Black Castor Oil from ?????
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Saturday, April 4, 2009
"The Original Mane 'n Tail® has long been a solution for troubled hair. Now from the makers of Mane 'n Tail... Deep Moisturizing Conditioner! The exclusive micro-enriched formula was designed to help repair the damaging effects of styling and the environment.
Dry or damaged hair requires extra moisturizing and effective conditioning. Mane 'n Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner fortifies the hair with natural protein and vitamins resulting in healthy, shiny, manageable hair but also conditions the scalp for the reduction of excessive drying and damage due to over styling. Results can be seen after first application."
Water (Aqua), Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Dimethicone, Isostearmidopropyl Mopholine Lactate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Methylchloroisothiazolinonoe, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene.
Do Not Be Fooled by The Name Deep Moisturizing Conditioner....This is a light protein conditioner ! !
I was really nervous about trying this one because last year I tried 5 different light proteins and my hair only liked one and that was the Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor....As you guys know because of the amount of moisture I have been using I had to up my protein treatments to every other week ( Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor)..And my hair has been loving it....My hair has really been thriving ....
Before leaving the gym...I covered hair and new growth with GVP Tea Tree conditioner and put on my satin scarf before getting in the sauna....After I got home I jumped in the shower and rinsed... Then used my Hair One... I followed up with Mane N Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner...I mixed in a little Honey & Coconut Oil...Covered with a plastic cap and sat under my heating cap for 10 mins...After rinsing I could feel immediate results... My hair felt stronger yet soft ....I loved the way it gave me softness and moisture at the same time...I loved it...It will now go into the rotation...Its so much cheaper than Aphogee...Not sure how often I will be using this..But I plan to use this and just use the Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor immediately following my relaxer
I didn't really know how strong this was so I left it on my hair for 10 mins with heat... but I recommend leaving on hair 10 mins without heat and with heat only 5 mins...If needed you can follow up with a moisturizing conditioner