Sunday, February 6, 2011

Taking One Day At A Time

I have to take pics ASAP so you guys can see whats going on with my hair... Its really hard to get to my scalp these days with all the new growth and etc... But even with all the shrinkage that is coming from the first 5-6 inches ....My hair is passing WL unstretched and air dried... So I'm excited to see what progressed I made when I relax soon...

What I have been doing is leaving my hair alone... Example tonight I jumped in the shower rinsed my hair and added Bee Lovely through the roots and the length of my hair .. I let it stay on my hair for about 10 mins while I showered... Rinsed my hair before stepping out of the shower and tied on a shower turban on my hair... After about 10 mins I let my hair down and applied Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship and Avocado Oil..

What I do next is start the laying down of my edges... I apply something to my edges then with a soft brush lay my edges down... I tie on a scarf to my hair and let the rest hang out the back to air dry.. 



Pic of how I air dry with the back of my hair loose

I don't bun my wet hair because it will cause breakage...When my hair is mostly dry I just simply put it in a bun , pony, or a couple of braids.... I don't comb through it ... Don't detangle or anything... Just leave it alone... I co wash like this when I my new growth needs moisture or after I work out... I only detangle on wash days that's it...

I'm just taking one day at a time.. This has been the most challenging part of my hair journey...

9 comments:

  1. When you apply the bee mine to your hair how are you making sure that all your roots are being covered with the product?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Atiya... Well the hair is soaking wet so its easy to spread the product through the hair...

    I just open up the different parts of the hair and pour conditioner to it... I just rub it through

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Traycee. I am about 7 months post relaxer and transitioning to texlaxed also. I only detangle once a week on wash day also. I was just considering throughing in a co-wash mid week to deal with the new growht. Thanks for the post. It helped. Do you dilute the conditioner? What is this a picture of?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ VB ...Yes co washing does help me alot... No I don't dilute it b/c it dilutes when its applied to my soaking wet hair... But do what works for you.

    The pic of just showing how I let my hair dry hanging out of my scarf

    ReplyDelete
  7. How much weeks post are your Traycee? I tried co-washing during my last stretch but it was to much work trying to detangle and I didn't know what to do with my hair to go to work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Traycee am confuse lol..the pic have me confuse hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. i cant find black castor oil anywhere and i hate buying things off the internet I found some regular castor oil at walgreens will that work or will i need black castor oil

    ReplyDelete