We sometimes fail to realize that a lot of the women and men who have been on a healthy hair journey, had put in time and work to make it a successful one. Many did their research, saw what worked for them, experimented, had patience and set realistic goals. Also, there are many who want that “ideal hair” instantly without giving any thought of the effort that should be brought forth. A hair journey is not just about buying hair products and using them. A healthy hair journey is ultimately about you being prepared and staying optimistic throughout, no matter what happens during.
* Embrace what you have and work with it – your hair that is. Hoping for your hair to look a certain way because you are using the same products someone is using may not give you the same results. Your hair may be different and the products may not work well for you. Remember that all hair is beautiful as long as you embrace it, take care of it and feel confident with it…it is yours. There is beauty in everything; it just needs to be enhanced to stand out more.
* Set short and long term hair goals for your hair journey. Be realistic. If your goal is to have waist length (WL) hair in 2 years, than that is a long term goal. Within that long term goal, there should be short term goals implemented.
* Help yourself first and do your own research. It is easier to start your research on products first before asking someone about it. That way, you are already armed with the info you have to see how it corresponds to the response you get. This in turn may help you do something differently to make it work for you or dismiss it altogether.
* Use your regimen as a guide, don't let it guide you. Your regimen will change over time. You may have to tweak it for it to become effective for you as you progress along. At times, a product can be added, remove and replace products.
* Be patient during your hair journey. We know that 99% of things do not happen overnight. You may have set goals for your hair as far as what length you want to reach or how you want your hair to look.
* A hair journey is what it is, it may not be perfect but learn from it. If someone had a perfect hair journey, they are the few lucky individuals. Life itself is a journey because you learn as you grow. You make mistakes, come face to face with dilemmas and have to make some changes.
* Worry about the health of your hair and the rest will follow. A healthy head of hair will always turn heads at any length. When the hair is healthy, it makes it easier to go through the hair journey as you are patiently waiting to reach your ultimate goal.
* Take care of your insides for it to reflect on the outside. Proper diets, drinking water, vitamins and exercise are also important when it comes to your body’s health.
So now, are you ready to learn or ready to be disappointed during your healthy hair journey?
Thank you for reading!